Friday, March 4, 2016

The Power of Prayer.

Hello my lovely followers! I hope you have all had a good week. PTL it's almost the weekend! 

It has been a week here at the homestead. The devil has thrown one curve ball after another, trying his hardest to destroy my friends and family. From physical warfare to spiritual warfare, we've seen it or been through it lately. And while I would love to sit and complain about all of the havoc the devil has reeked this week, I refuse to give him anymore credit. I refuse to let him rule. I refuse to stand on the side lines while the adversary tries to bring my loved ones down. God is stronger than any forces that the devil tries to destroy them with.

How many scriptures are in the Bible about faith? How many times does the Lord say "ask," "pray," "seek me?" 

Countless. 

Remember, there is power in prayer. 

"And all things, whatsoever ye shall ask in prayer, believing, ye shall receive." -Mathew 21:22

 
My pastor referenced a mulberry tree last Sunday, and it brought a message to mind that I have heard before, that I am now going to share with you. It has brought me strength through times that my faith was  running low, and I hope it will do the same for you. 

In Chronicles 14:8-17, we learn of the prosperity of King David, as well as the power of prayer. 

Before King David decided to stand up against the Philistines, he sought God's will; before he fought them, he sought God's protection, and God delivered him. 

The Philistines attacked a second time, and once again, David turned to the Lord for direction, only this time, God sent the king to the mulberry trees. Instead of smiting the Philistines right then and there, he sends King David to wait patiently under the tops of the trees.

God told him, when you hear a sound in the tops of the trees, go forth. Go forth to smite the Philistines. 

"And it shall be, when thou hear a sound of going in (the noise of marching) the tops of the mulberry trees, that then thou shalt go out to battle: for God is gone forth before thee to smite the host of the Philistines." 

Now, you're probably wondering the significance of the mulberry trees. Let me explain. 

One, the Hebrew meaning of mulberry is "weeping." King David was a man of prayer, it is significant that he wait under a weeping tree. God sent him to his weeping place, a place of prayer. 

Secondly, Mulberry tree leaves do not make a rustling sound when the wind blows through them, which is why, if you look up the interpretation of this verse, you will find that skeptics believe it couldn't have really been a mulberry tree.

But if you serve the same God I serve, than you know, He is mighty enough to shake the tops of the mulberry trees. You know, He is powerful enough to make the  leaves whistle that heavenly marching sound, and send it echoing through the air. 

 When David heard the sound in the tops of the mulberry trees, he did as God commanded, and God brought him victory. 

The moral of the story is that: "a man is no greater than his prayer." 

We will not overcome the battles of life without prayer. 

Do you need a physical healing? Ask God. 

Do you need a spiritual healing? Ask God. 

Has your child gone astray and you don't know what to do? Seek God

Is your life full of turmoil and you're at your breaking point? Pray. 

A King, with all of the resources in the land, humbled himself before God, sought his will, and won the victory. 

"Therefore I say unto you, what things soever ye desire, when ye pray, believe that ye receive them, and ye shall have them." -Mark 11:24

A friend shared that scripture with me today, just when I thought I couldn't breath another prayer, God reminded me of the power it brings.


Lord, please strengthen our faith. When we are fighting life's battles and lose our way, please help us to remember the strength you offer. If a mighty king can humble himself and ask for help, I surely can. Lord, you said ask, and ye shall receive. Here I am lord, asking, please deliver my loved ones from their affliction. Please bring our lost loved ones out of the depths of hell, and deliver them from their sins. Save them God, and put a wall of protection around them keeping them from evil. Lord, you're the ultimate healer. God, let your healing power flow down and touch us like only you can. Heal our bodies, minds, and souls, please Lord. Amen.

Do you have a place of weeping?

-M












1 comment:

  1. Imagine all the people living life in peace. You may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one. I hope someday you'll join us, and the world will be as one. See the link below for more info.


    #dreamer
    www.ufgop.org

    ReplyDelete