Friday, February 5, 2016

Is there an Isaac in your life?

Hello my faithful followers! I am so sorry it has been so long since I last posted. Please let me explain...

A few days after I started this blog, my pastor preached an eye opening message. Actually, he always does, but this one really resonated with me. He asked us what our testamony was. Is God apart of it?  

Honestly, I don't know what my testimony is. I do, however, know that I want everything I do, to be for God's glory. 

When I created this blog, my intent was to please the people. To please everyone. I wanted it to be earthy and fun, with little talk of religion and politics. I wanted my blog to appeal to Christian and non Christian alike. 

This is why I have been absent. This is why I had to take the time do some serious spiritual renovating and remember just what my mission on this earth is. 

How can I, as a Christian, have something apart of my life that doesn't involve God? He created me. He is the very reason I am alive today. I may not know my testimony, but I do know that serving God is apart of it. 

I may not be the most popular, but that's okay. "I'd rather have Jesus than silver and gold!" 

My dream is to touch the lives of others through my writing, and the only way I can do that, is by honoring the one who touched mine. 

God commanded Abraham to sacrifice his only child, Isaac. Abraham willingly obeyed God, passing the test of his faith. God stopped Abraham before the work was done, proving that it wasn't Isaac that God wanted, but he wanted Abraham. It was a trial of faith. 

Fear is my greatest enemy. Fear of prosecution mostly. As most people. And if I have learned one thing over the last week and a half, it is to conquer fear through faith. 

Sure I am still too scared to sing anywhere but in my shower, yes I'm still too scared to testify out loud rather than on a piece of paper, no I won't shout my prayers instead of whispering them, but one thing is certain, I will not be too afraid to live my faith openly. We are going to face persecution as servants of God, but that cannot stop us from spreading his love and truth. 

I pray by sharing my walk with God to others, that in turn, others begin their walk with him as well. 

I laid my Isaac down, have you?

“Have not I commanded thee? Be strong and of a good courage; be not afraid, neither be thou dismayed: for the Lord thy God is with thee whithersoever thou goest.”
Joshua 1:9




No comments:

Post a Comment