Tuesday, January 26, 2016

When duty calls.

As intriguing as John Winthrop's, "A Model of Christian Charity" is, it must wait. Yes, my grade depends upon my understanding and interpretation of the sermon, and yes, it is due Friday. However, my daughter insists I read her a bedtime story...or ten. The Mayflower Compact, The Maryland Act of Toleration, and Roger Williams, Plantation Agreement at Providence must be put on hold, because it is a quarter after 9, and my child is refusing to sleep anywhere but in my arms. I know, creating a discussion post regarding the views of leading colonists on the issue of religious toleration is quite the attention getter, but, other matters must be handled at the moment. 

Why, you ask? Well, because...I'm rocking my baby, and babies don't keep.


...to be continued. Probably at midnight. While I prop my eyelids open with toothpicks and hold my head up with a massive stack of pillows. 

Just kidding, I am a complete night owl. 

No I'm not. 

Kind of. 

Goodnight world. 

-M 



"Children are made readers in the laps of their parents." -Emilie Buchwald 

No comments:

Post a Comment