Tuesday, January 26, 2016

A little about myself...or a lot...we'll see.

First, I am a wife and mother. My husband is my truest and best friend; meeting him was a true case of serendipity. I insisted I would never get married, nor have children, but, and as I'm sure you all well know, life doesn't always go as planned. In fact, I had decided I was joining the navy when I met him. I had already picked out my hair cut (I was going to have to cut off A LOT of hair), found a recruiter, told my family, and then BAM! here comes along this brown haired, brown eyed, tall, husky man with the most perfect facial features I had ever seen. (I may be a little biased!) He completely and utterly swept me off my feet, and just ten short months later, we were married. Two years later, even after I continued insisting I would never have children, we had a beautiful 9 lb. baby girl. She is now 2, and there is no way possible that I could ever, in any lifetime, imagine my life without her.

Now, (as I pause to restring the shoelaces in her converse), despite being a wife and mother, I have dreams! Yes, I said it, I have dreams outside of motherhood! While these things are the most important in my life, they do not define who I am. I am still a person with desires, and goals, and there is so much I wish to accomplish in this life. That I will accomplish.

I spent my entire life planning to be a RN when I "grew up," in fact, I worked 5 years in the medical field in order to help achieve such. I knew I wanted to help people, I loved touching the lives of others, but what I didn't know, is that there are multiple ways to do so. I have always known that I loved to read and write, but living in a small town in the south doesn't exactly make way for that type of profession. In fact, rumor has it, if you aren't a nurse or a teacher, then you aren't going to be successful. However, despite what the little birdy said, after 5 years of going to school for nursing, I decided to abandon what felt comfortable, and start over doing what I loved. Reading and writing.

I finally realized that I could touch lives and still do what I love most. So, I transferred colleges, let my hair down...(haha just kidding!), seriously though, I changed my major to English and here I am today, writing a blog and trying to get my freelance writing career kicked off! Wish me luck!

P.S. Stay tuned for more of my crazy journey!

-M



              My daughters converse I had to restring. She made an awesome attempt however!

10 comments:

  1. Beautiful Blog. Thank you for sharing your wonderful story. Very inspirational. Love the Converse! ;0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful Blog. Thank you for sharing your wonderful story. Very inspirational. Love the Converse! ;0)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much!! ...and thank you for buying Ally those adorable converse pictured!

      Delete
  3. Love you Shea Shea! I also read the things you love.. "Your unusually massive family"! Haha. Wouldn't have it any other way. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We are so very proud of you!!!! We have been so blessed to watch you bloom into the wonderful woman, wife, mother & now writer...you never cease to amaze (or surprise) us�� We look forward to seeing & reading all of your stories. Try not to tell too much about us-I know we've had some good ones��We love you-Mom & Dad

    ReplyDelete
  5. We are so very proud of you!!!! We have been so blessed to watch you bloom into the wonderful woman, wife, mother & now writer...you never cease to amaze (or surprise) us�� We look forward to seeing & reading all of your stories. Try not to tell too much about us-I know we've had some good ones��We love you-Mom & Dad

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I will try to refrain from using my blog as a tell all! Love y'all! :)

      Delete
  6. Haha. Well you know how much I love my little princess and buying her clothes (and converse..btw a story in itself). I am so very proud of everything you do. You are my sunshine.
    I love you with all my heart.... Momma :O)

    ReplyDelete